
Monday, October 6, 2008
A new FHE game
I am always trying to think of games to help the children understand gospel principles. Madeline seems to respond really well to games and Anthony loves games as well. It has been a way for me to be able to teach to both children. I made up a game using the idea from candy land, except it goes along with Lehi's dream. Instead of grandma nut, plum fairy, and such I have pictures relevant to Lehi's dream. Instead of trying to get to the candy castle, the object of the game is to get back to Tree of Life. Normally I would send a file for you to print, but this time it would be better for me to assemble it for you and then mail. If you would want one leave me a comment or e-mail and I will be glad to send one your way. When you get to one of the symbols of Lehi's dream you stop and discuss what it means and how it can apply it to their lives. To start off the evening, I wrote Lehi's Dream on some paper and had the kids be the illustrators and then they each took turns reading a page and then we played the game and ended the night with pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, delicious.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I like reading our blog. It is neat to be able to look back and see some of the memories we are creating among our sometimes hectic life.
Sandra, you do a great job at keeping up with it.
Love,
Grant
You are so talented! Where do you find all your clip art for your FHE ideas? They are so cute!
Love the quilts and FHE stuff! Give me your email and I'll send you my blog-Allyson
Post a Comment