I can't believe a whole month has gone by since my last post. Once school started things got crazy around here. We have entered flu and cold season, and so far it has not been very nice to us. Madeline was admitted to the hospital the first of September due to an asthma attack gone wrong, luckily she only spent a few days in the hospital and made a nice recovery at home. I thought after that hospitalization we would be able to put illnesses behind us and begin to enjoy the cooler weather, WRONG! Anthony after not having an asthma attack for two years decided 2009 was a good year to get one, and after that Madeline decided it was her turn, and then after Madeline getting over her second asthma attack Anthony decided it was a good time to get the flu. Through this ping pong match of illnesses, Madeline's mysterious fever kept returning. These fevers get really high and there are no obvious symptoms and after one dose of Motrin they go away and she is good to go. We have been seeing an Infectious Disease doctor who thinks it might be fever of unknown origin, which is treatable with steriods until Madeline out grows it. We have now been sick free and fever free in our house for own week and hopefully it will continue to stay that way and I can get caught up on some things around the house, like this blog.
The kids have made it through their first six weeks of school with flying colors. Despite all of Madeline's absences she has managed to keep up with her school work and what is being taught in the classroom. She is enjoying the fact that she can read and is picking up on it really well. It is fun to see her eyes light up and she realizes that she can read a book by herself. She loves to say words or name objects and tell us what letter it starts out with. Anthony is enjoying second grade and has topped out of the tests that the test on second grade students with, so his teacher is having set different and higher goals for Anthony. He is becoming a sponge and absorbing all kinds of information and asking all kinds of questions (specifically math questions) and I have never been more grateful that their dad knows math a lot better than I do.
When I am not nursing sick kids I have been plugging away at my sewing machine with halloween costumes and a huge goal of making all of our Christmas presents. The material is bought, the patterns are ready and now I just need everyone to stay healthy so I can do my magic (or try at least). Through all this we have been doing a major remodel of our living room. We took down the decorative beams on our ceiling, and have re sheetrock the entire living room and now we are ready to texture the walls and paint the living room and entry way; we have hopes of finishing it all before Thanksgiving.
As a family we have been having fun celebrating wacky holidays, playing games together, enjoying the cooler weather, and dreaming of being able to camp here soon. It has sure been busy in the Cooper household, but it has been fun!
2 comments:
Looks like you've been having a lot of fun despite all of the illnesses. I want to start celebrating all of these holidays now too! Hope everyone stays healthy and that everything is going o.k. with Madeline!!
WOw!!!! You sure have been busy! I hope everyone is feeling better. I am SO EXCITED to see what magic you do create for the holiday gifts. I am also excited to see the Halloween costumes you are making!
Post a Comment