Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gummy Candy



Just shortly after the kids returned to school from Christmas break, the kids were given the day off for what was a so called "snow day." To be honest there was no snow on the road nor was their any ice, I think they were just freaked out because it only got into the teens that day. Well I needed something to do with the kids so Grant embraced the cold temperatures and went to the craft store to get some candy molds and also to get Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I found a recipe here to make your own gummy candy (similar to gummy bears) which the kids had more fun making the candy then eating it, and while we snacked on our yummy candy we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. The kids enjoyed the movie and I enjoyed the fact that everyone got along and did not get into each others' space. It was a great day!

No comments: