Madeline went in on June 2nd for her last heart surgery. The surgery was a success and in the words of the doctor it was uneventful. Recovery went well too and 10 days later we were home. The neat thing for me to see when I saw Madeline for the first time were here fingers and toes. It may seem weird, but Madeline has always had purple fingers and toes due to circulation and lack of oxygen. Now that Madeline is 92% oxygen she is pinker and her toes and fingers are now pink. We are so happy to be able to put this behind us and to know that we will not have anymore heart surgeries. Madeline is recovering well at home and is pretty much back to her normal self. I enjoyed the time I had to spend with Madeline in the hospital, and in the evenings when we were together as a family. We even had a celebration party for Madeline to celebrate her last heart surgery and the fact that she was so brave.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

No comments:
Post a Comment