For the past two weeks our mailbox and front porch have been filled with gifts, cards, and well wishes. My father-in-law started a card chain from Florida and we have received cards from all over. Each day I would bring up the latest batch of cards and show and read them to Madeline; and each day it would put a smile on her face. Often times she would respond to me by telling me the cards were to help me be brave. In her 4 year old way she understood what the cards and well wishes meant. As her mother I found comfort in them as well. Looking at her hospital room wall filled with cards let me know that there were hundreds of people who didn't know me or Madeline but cared and loved us the same. With the cards, prayers, and well wishes I knew I could go on as long as it took, and I know that it gave the same encouragement to Madeline to keep on enduring. Thanks to our friends from all over for your kindness and for thinking of our family. Our plans our to take all the cards and create a scrapbook so that years from now Madeline can look back at all the people that thought of her and sent her butterfly kisses to cheer her up and help make her recovery a little easier.
1 comment:
How awesome to get all of those cards and well wishes. I am so glad you are all home. Thanks foe the updates!
Post a Comment