Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Family Memory Game


A few months ago I discovered a gem of a blog and since have been following it and getting all kinds of good ideas which only add to my endless project list, but hey it is better to have lots of things to do then nothing to do at all. One of the ideas that the author did was teach her children The Proclamation on the Family everyday for a month, she broke it down line by line and had little activities to go along each day. I still want to do that idea but I don't know when I would be able to find the time to accomplish such a task. One of her activities was this family matching game and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make one of these for my kids to enjoy.

We have used it for FHE, on family picnics, or just passing time at home. The kids have really enjoyed seeing the family past and present and we have enjoyed telling them stories as well as teaching them about who they were. This game is really a fun way to connect our children to their family past and present and brings the concept to life of turning the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love REading your blog... just thought I would tell you!