
Every six weeks at school there is a different character/attribute that can be awarded to the kids who are examples of that character/attribute. For the first six weeks Responsibility was the character and to my astonishment Spencer was chosen. I was shocked, but then I realized that there are 6 kids in his class so there wasn't a lot of kids to choose from. Spencer is a wonderful kid and brings lots of joy in our home; not to mention he always keeps us on our toes, but responsible is not a word that I would use to describe him. If you know Spencer, you know that he has done everything from spilling used cooking oil all over the house, to closing the garage while my trunk was opened, and even managing to blow up our microwave. Spencer must have split personalities and leaves his responsibility personality at school. The good side to all this is it makes me look good as a parent, he may not exhibit the qualities needed to be qualified as a responsible child at home, but as long as he does it for others then I will take it and be proud to call Spencer my responsible three year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment