Saturday, January 22, 2011

Madeline's Tree


Right before Christmas, Madeline had a Christmas tree project due for school. They were given a Christmas tree made out of poster board and asked to decorate it anyway they wanted to, the only rule was they could not just color it with markers or crayons. Madeline wanted to do fabric with ornaments and she wanted to put real Christmas tree lights. At first Grant and Madeline were going to make their own battery pack Christmas lights, but we found some when the craft store was beginning to clearance out their Christmas decor. We tried gluing the rick rack on, but that didn't work so the crazy mom that I am thought of sewing it. An hour later I was successful at sewing the tree and tree trunk on Madeline's poster board tree. Then Madeline went to work punching holes for the ornaments and lights to fit. She was so excited when it was done and more excited to show off to her class that her tree lights up.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I love Madeline's tree! Very creative! I wish you could have come over New Year's, but sounds like you were busy. And strep throat started going around at Lena's house too, starting with Sam and Cal. Hopefully we'll see you in Nauvoo this summer!