Monday, April 4, 2011

Dr. Seuss Birthday Celebration


Every year on March 2 we celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday. Our celebration is simple, but the kids sure enjoy it. We read a couple of Dr. Seuss books and then make our own fun cat in the hat treat, which consists of circle crackers, gummy life saves and white frosting. This was the first year that Spencer really got into the fun and enjoyed making his own cat in the hats. Anthony as always had fun creating and eating his treat and then there is Madeline. Madeline loves participating in our fun family celebrations and is even all excited to make the yummy treats, but when it comes time to eat them well that is where she draws the line. Madeline does not have a sweet tooth in her body, she just likes to make the treats and then leave them completely untouched. She finds joy in making them and participating with the family, not in the eating. I wish I didn't have a sweet tooth, but I do and sometimes it is a big sweet tooth.

I have found that it is the simple activities that bring our family the most joy. Dr Seuss's birthday is not a major celebration, probably not too many people know about it, but gathering around the table after dinner and before bed to celebrate is a fun way to spend time as a family.

"Family, it's about time" a message from our church.

1 comment:

ally said...

You are so creative. I love reading your blog it gives me so many ideas (I think I'll steal a few). Thanks for doing it.