Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving this year we went to Oklahoma and spent it with Grant's cousin Darrell and his family. We left Thanksgiving morning had a picnic just just inside the border of Oklahoma and made it to Darrell's house around 2:00 that afternoon. Thanksgiving dinner wasn't planned until 5:00 that evening so Grant and Darrell went to Darrell's rental house and fixed somethings up before he sold it. The kids all played together picking up right where they left off, and Staci and I chatted for a bit. As time got closer for the big meal Kylie(?) became fussy and so I was blessed with holding her and giving her lots of attention and that was a lot of fun. Our Turkey dinner was simple and perfect. They had invited another family over to enjoy the big day. After dinner and before pie all the adults played a few round of games. Pie was equally as delicious as the dinner and after everything was all said and done the boys (Grant, Darrell, Anthony, and Joseph) open up Epic Duals (a star wars game) and began an intense battle. On Friday we did a little bit and I mean little Black Friday shopping after all the intense shoppers were taking their naps and then Grant along with Anthony and Joseph helped Darrell some more on the house while we hung out and played. After dinner that night Staci and I went out for girls night at the yogurt shop. Saturday it started out with cold rain but there was still plenty of work to be done on the house. While they were working on the house the kids played and during quiet time Staci and I looked at houses in New Jersey - that is where they are moving to this summer. :( The kids were getting kind of stir crazy so when the Daddy's came home from working they took all the kids to the lake to walk around and throw rocks in the water. I held and played some more with Kylie while Staci finished a scripture bag for Jessica. That evening Staci and Darrell surprised Grant and I with a date. So Grant and I went out for dinner and after dinner I needed a new pair of shoes so we went and did that as well. When we got back it was Darrell and Staci's turn for their date. After sacrament meeting on Sunday we headed back home to Texas. It was a nice trip and I loved how simple yet fun the holiday was.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I love that you guys got together with Darrell! I had no idea...I need to talk to Darrell more! Sounds like such a fun Thanksgiving. And awesome too that you and Grant, Darrell and Stacie all went on dates.