Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rangers

September is about over and I am still blogging about our summer vacation.  I haven't even touched back to school pictures, but there is a good reason.  The Cooper Family is embarking on a new adventure of homeschooling.  After much prayer we received the answer that it would be best to homeschool Madeline.  Homeschooling is going good so far, but it sure takes a huge chunk of time.  Juggling homeschooling and other responsibilities that come with running a household and family have been the biggest challenge.  However, I know without a shadow of doubt this is where Madeline is suppose to be and because of that knowledge we press on.  Grant has been a huge support and often times staying up late with me helping me plan and put together Madeline's lesson plans.  Madeline is a very visual learner and worksheets do not agree with her, so there is a lot of creativity and hands on learning going on.  This creativity and hands on learning takes a lot of time to make and put together.  Often times when I want to give in, I will get a text from Grant that says I am cheering for you; and because of that I can keep going.  I am sure things will get easier and we will get in a groove as the year progresses.  So it may be Christmas by the time I get back to school pictures up, but I will one day get caught up with my blog and my never ending laundry and ironing pile.



Okay I digress long enough, back to summer vacation!  The last week of our summer vacation we decided to a first for our family and attend a Rangers game.  We figured since the Rangers are doing good this year that the game should be interesting and a long with lots of popcorn and cotton candy our children should be able to last.  When I added Rangers game to our bucket list the kids were excited, except for Spencer but he takes awhile to warm up to things.  Because the Rangers are doing so well, so are their ticket sales; and because ticket sales are going up so our ticket prices.  However with lots of patience we were able to find some tickets that didn't cost us a mortgage payment.  The game was exciting and it seemed that every time a Ranger came up to bat they would make a home run.  Though making home runs is the object of the game, we learned for our family it wasn't such a good thing.  For every home run they would shoot off fireworks and fireworks and Madeline do not mix.  Madeline was starting to get pretty miserable and Grant and I were learning when to spot the danger.  However after the scored reached 10 Madeline was becoming accustomed to the noise and as long as we warned her and covered her ear she did fine.  So in the end the score was Rangers 12 and the Baltimore Orioles 2.  I figured it was a nice gesture of the Rangers to give the other team 2 points.  It was definitely an exciting game and a sigh of relief.  There is nothing like going to a score less, action less baseball game with a bunch of kids and when one of those kids is your darling little Spencer.  They have already requested going to a game next year.

No comments: