
Last summer we were experiencing death defying temperatures. With highs way in the triple digits and the heat index even worse there wasn't much to do to entertain the kids. Out of desperation I came up with ice cream week. Ice cream and hot temperatures go really well together. The idea was to visit a different ice cream place each night for a week. The kids loved it! More importantly the thought of going to get ice cream kept them entertained. Chalk one point for a successful week. Now fast forward to another year. It is summer, it is hot but unlike last year it wasn't as hot. Yes we were in the triple digits, but 102 is a lot better than 110. I didn't think anything about ice cream week. However, the kids did and were eager to do it again this year. What came out of desperation turned into a summer time tradition. With all of our summer time fun we didn't get around to our new tradition until the last week of summer; but we did squeeze it in. I think ice cream week is the most exciting week for our kiddos. Who can beat sugar on a hot day. This year we were able to find a new ice cream place and they did not disappoint. I have heard about Rita's around in blog land and I looked them up and saw that there was a place in our neighborhood. Rita's is total YUM. They are mainly Italian Ice and custard. When you mix the two, you have a divine treat. Don't let the size of cups fool you, in this case less is more. Because of the rich flavors it doesn't take long to fill up. I made the mistake of getting a large size and it took every ounce that I had in me to finish. I learned and next time I stuck to the kid sizes. Now Rita's has turned into a favorite date night treat for Grant and I. I guess I better hit the gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment