Sunday, October 28, 2012
Grant had a very nice birthday, with lots of treats along the way. Madeline and I took him out for lunch, the kids had fun wrapping his presents, decorating the kitchen, and making a super yummy cake. Grant asked for a Dark Chocolate Cake and that is what we delivered. It was a Dark Chocolate cake mix, with Dark Chocolate chunks mixed in. The frosting was dark chocolate sprinkled with dark chocolate m&m's. It was rich and Grant was the only one able to eat his whole piece, after one bite the kids and I were out. It was definitely a rich cake. A few days before Grant's birthday I took the kids to the store to let them pick out what they wanted to give their Daddy. Madeline wanted to get him some mechanical pencils for work, Anthony chose jammie pants, and Spencer thought his dad would love every Angry Bird toy they had. Spencer felt that since he liked Angry Birds, then everyone liked Angry Birds. I had to keep steering Spencer away from the angry birds with my suggestions of other gifts that Daddy might like. I won the battle with the angry birds, but finally gave in with Perry the Platypus (Spencer's second great love). Grant loved all of his gifts and really enjoyed his Perry the Platypus shirt, though I think Spencer was even more excited then his Daddy. We are sure lucky and blessed to have Grant as a Daddy and Husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha ha! I wish I had a Perry the Platypus shirt. Grant's so lucky. Ha ha ha ha
Post a Comment