Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter fun

We have all of our Easter fun with Easter baskets and East Egg Hunts on Saturday and use Sunday to talk about and teach the real reason for Easter. This year I threw the kids a Easter Party and my Mom, Jonathan (my brother) and Mr. Gates (my mom's husband) came over to enjoy the festivities. I decided to do a new thing this year and hide their Easter baskets and then created a treasure hunt with clues leading them to their Easter basket. Anthony loves when I put treasure hunts together. He gets so excited that he usually runs off before he finishes reading the clue and then he can't find what he is looking for. Madeline did good with her treasure hunt. When I gave them a treasure hunt to find their Valentines gift she just kept saying going on a treasure hunt everytime we got to a new clue. This time she listen as Grant read the clues and at the end of the clue she knew where to go to find the next clue. We also had an Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard. I had six egg limit for the kids. Madeline went first and Grant hid six eggs at Madeline's level that would be easy for her to find. This was her first time to go on a Easter Egg Hunt and she enjoyed running around in the backyard finding her eggs. Next it was time for Anthony and Jonathan to find their six eggs. This time Grant hid the eggs a little harder to give the boys a challenge. They sure enjoyed running around the backyard searching for their eggs. Besides the treasure and Easter Egg hunts we dyed eggs. I couldn't spend the money at the store for easter egg dye so I found a recipie on how to make them ourselves. It worked out great and the kids enjoyed picking out their colors and making their eggs. They did some solid colors and other eggs they did multiple colors. My kids don't like hard boiled eggs so afterwards I made deviled eggs. I enjoyed them before Grant could.

Some other happenings with the Coopers are: One night during Madeline's prayers she blessed that we would listen to the Spirit. I thought that was neat and very fitting. How many times do we get busy and forget to listen to the Spirit. Anthony has been talking a lot about death, the Spirit World, and the Ressurrection. We had a nice conversation during dinner time. Anthony asked his daddy how Jesus Christ organizes the resurrection. Grant then explained the order in which we are resurrected. I am amazed at the questions he asks and how much he really understands. On the way to church he was talking about General Conference and how it is a time to listen to the prophet. He said this time we won't get to listen from President Hinckley but that we get to listen from President Monson. He then went on to talk about his counselors and how Elder Cook won't be the last Apostle. He then told me how he loves to get the "General Conference" Ensign and take the poster out and hang it up in his room so he can look at the Prophet and the Apostles. Then out of the blue he said I am glad that President Hinckley has one of his helpers (President Faust) in Heaven with him to help him there. Children have the best testimonies. They are so pure and innocent and straight from the heart. I love to hear Madeline sing I am a Child of God and more recently sing Tell me the Stories of Jesus. I love to listen to her pray. She prays about everything and she prays as if she is truly talking to the Savior-all things I need to be better at. During family scripture study I love to listen to her point to the pictures and name the prophets in the Book of Mormon and a lot of times she already knows the story and she finishes it for us. She is only three but she really understands the gospel. Anthony is getting good at reading and he really enjoys reading his scriptures. We bought from BYU bookstore an Early Book of Mormon Reader. He loves reading from that every night. He also has his own regular Book of Mormon and a lot of times I find him opening it up and reading from it. A lot of times during sacrament meeting he is sitting quietly reading his scriptures-such a good example to me. The miracles and blessings of being a mom. These and many more reasons are how the Savior shows me His love everyday. I am so glad to be a Mom and to know of the blessings of the temple and the joys of knowing my family are mine for eternity.


Well what is a blog without pics.


Anthony going on a Easter Egg Hunt

Anthony excited about all his eggs!

Madeline excited to find all of her eggs!

Madeline found an Egg...Good job Madeline!

Another Egg in the swing, 2 more to go!

Anthony dying his Easter egg green

Madeline found her Easter basket in the fire place. You can tell she still had camping on her mind because when we asked her where do we roast marshmellows in the house and she kept saying outside in the fire pit. We finally had to tell her to go look in the fire place.

Anthony discovered his Easter basket!

Madeline and Daddy working together to solve the clues

Anthony found another clue leading to his basket of goodies

Madeline loves to push Spencer on the swing. Madeline just loves being his mommy period. Spencer doesn't mind, he loves to swing.

Madeline is standing on the back of Spencer's walker. Spencer was able to pull Madeline across the living room with her on the back. Now that is a strong baby.

Ooops forgot to show a pic of Madeline taking a stab at coloring eggs.

No comments: