Sunday, May 11, 2008

School Activity Pictures of Anthony

At Anthony's school all the Kindergarteners went to the zoo. I signed up to go thinking that I would walk along and take cute pictures of Anthony. Well the day before I read the paper again and realized that I was going to have my own group and be incharge of walking around with them, eating lunch with them, and basically educating them along the way. This was a little more than I thought, I was much more content and prepared with walking along taking cute pictures of Anthony. However, there were only three kids and one of them was Anthony that were in my group. The biggest problem was there were so many rude High School kids at the zoo which made it impossible to see some of the animals. I just do not understand how a teacher can justify taking High School Kids to the zoo, Kindergartners I can. These High School kids were not chaperoned which made things more difficult. The kids were certainly tired by the end of the field trip and having to walk back was interesting with 3 tired Kindergartners. The highlight of the trip for Anthony was being able to ride the bus.



Also last week Anthony was able to participate in field day at school. I walked around for about an hour cheering Anthony on and taking pictures of my cute son in action. After an hour I was tired and left Anthony with his 5th grader buddy and sat in the shade with the teachers and watched from a distance. Anthony enjoyed going around with his group paticipating in the different activities. There was no competition as they all recieved a certificate at the end. It was fun to see Anthony's smile on his face and to see him really enjoying himself.




No comments: