The cake I made for Madeline
Friday, June 27, 2008
An Accomplishment
For Madeline's birthday this year, she wanted a butterfly party. I didn't feel up to having a friend party so instead we had a family party. Grant's parents were able to come from Florida, my parents were there as well my sister and her husband. So to keep with the butterfly theme I researched on line to find a butterfly cake. I didn't want to pay money for someone to make a cake and so I researched and was able to find a cake. It definitely looked easier to make on line than in reality but after 4 hours I finished and I am pretty proud of myself. Madeline had a great party and when we sang happy birthday to her, her eyes lit up. It was so neat to see her excited about her birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOOHOO!!! GOOD JOB! That is an amazing cake!! Pat yourself on the back for that one!
VERY nice cake! Don't you love pulling that off yourself? It's so much better than paying someone else a large sum of money for a pastry made of a few dollars of flour and sugar. Personally, if they carried things as nice as this at Target, I would just buy them, but they don't. She will look back at the picture of this cake and know how much you loved her.
Post a Comment