Sunday, July 20, 2008

A caption of our Life

We have had a pretty relaxing summer. Grant's parents, sister, and Grandma Smith came for a visit for a couple of weeks. It was a lot of fun having them here. Anthony and Madeline sure enjoyed it, and I think Spencer just got use to it, though he was unsure every morning when he woke up and saw them here. Madeline loved to sit on Grandma Smith's lap and have her read books. Anthony enjoyed playing games with his Grandparents and swimming with his Grandpa. Madeline liked to have Grandpa hold her in the lazy river at the water park. While they were here we were able to celebrate Madeline's, Evelyn's and Bob's birthday. The children enjoyed giving their Grandparents their gifts and being able to see their reaction. The joy for me was enjoying my children with their Grandparents creating memories and forming a relationship with them. I am sure Spencer will warm up to them as he gets older.

We got season passes to the local water park for the summer, and as a family we visit it at least once a week. The kids enjoy playing for about an hour, which is nice when you have a season pass because you don't feel obligated to stay the whole day. Grant has taken the kids on one on one dates, Anthony especially loves this because he can go on all the water slides with his dad. Madeline enjoys dates with dad because she can do only the things she enjoys. The last time Madeline went on a date with her dad, as they were walking out she told her dad to stand under (one of those cones that dump water on you) so he can take a shower. Grant said that was the first time he got wet on his date with Madeline. Madeline on the other hand informed her daddy that she was going to stand on the near by sidewalk and watch.


Each day during the summer I have tried to do a little lessons for the kids. It has been tricky to involve both kids and have things that will work for both their levels as well as keep Spencer entertained. I have found that what works the best is have writing and reading time. Anthony writes in his journal while Madeline and I work on learning and writing the letters in her name. Madeline has picked up on it really well and often times during the day she fills scrap pieces of paper with letters from her name. She knows pretty much all the letters in her name, now we are just working on putting them in order. This is easier said then done, since her mother gave her a name with eight letters. Anthony's spelling is great! I am amazed at how well he can spell, I rarely need to help him. His reading is doing great too! He enjoys reading! There have been several days where he just sits on the couch with a pile of books reading. He loves to read the scriptures, which is a joy to see as a parent.


This week we are going to celebrate pioneer day with doing pioneer activities throughout the day culminating in a pioneer party in the evening. I think the children will enjoy it! I will post our acitivities after I have them a little bit more organized. I also have a few more FHE that I have put together that I want to share, but with it being 10:00 at night I need to get some shut eye so I am ready for when the kids wake up. Before I go I will share more pics which give a better idea of what us crazy coopers are up to.






1 comment:

Lois said...

Sounds like you guys are staying busy and having lots of fun! You are a good example to all of us Moms Sandra with all the things you do with your kids!