Friday, July 25, 2008

Madeline's new artwork

This summer I have been working with Madeline on recognizing letters in her name and then showing her how to write the letters in her name. It is one of her goals for the fall at school. Knowing that this was a goal, I thought I would start working on it thinking that the teacher will still need to work on it in the fall. Well the other day Madeline brought me this:




I wrote her name on the top on the page and she copied the letters herself. I was so proud of her. I didn't even know she knew how to write the letters of her name. It really made my day. Madeline is also on a new kick. She loves to draw people. She has a notebook where everypage she has drawn someone in the family. She draws the pictures and then tapes them up on the wall in the living room, in my room, and in kitchen. Here is an example of her artwork. This is a picture of me and she even signed her name with "M"

This is a huge imporvement because for the longest time she would just draw lines and circles and in a whole bunch of scribbles and then one day she drew a person. Everyday time she draws someone she adds more detail. She will watch us or her brother and then copy what they draw. Grant drew curly hair for Madeline so now everyone that she draws has curly hair. She has grown so much!



No comments: