
For FHE this evening, it was Madeline's turn to do the lesson and boy was she so excited. We did the story of Nephi hunting for food in the wilderness. I wrote the story for Madeline and she colored the pictures that followed the story. I have included a video of Madeline giving her lesson.
After the lesson we took animals like Nephi would have hunted and with a bow and arrow we hunted like Nephi. The kids had fun hunting animals and knocking them off the coffee table. At first I was going to use clip art of different animals and attach them to a block, but forgot so I found some inexpensive plastic animals from the store. It was fun to use our imagination and pretend to be like Nephi. We were able to talk about out Nephi did not give up when he was faced with a hard task, but instead he asked Heavenly Father for help and Heavenly Father helped him. We also talked about how Heavenly Father did not just give Nephi the bow, Nephi had to work hard but Heavenly Father helped him to know how to build a bow. We related this to our own life that Heavenly Father just doesn't give us something, but instead we still need to work hard and Heavenly Father will help us.
It is neat to do stories from the scriptures and then help the children see in their own lives how they can be like the various prophets in the scriptures. I feel this helps bring the scriptures to life for the children and for them to be able to see how the scriptures can apply to their lives.
Anthony was sick during Pioneer Day so we were not able to have our Pioneer Day party so we will have this weekend. I figure the pioneers were still coming into the valley. So I will post pictures after our party.
No comments:
Post a Comment