I have been working on a scripture reading project for our kids. It has actually been in the works for a long time, but life has gotten in the way of me finishing it. I decided to bite the bullet and not let anything get in the way. If you want the whole file e-mail me and I will send it your way. I went through the scriptures and found various stories, summarized some or included the verses pertaining to the story. I then found matching clipart. The whole idea is for the kids to reach in the bag and pull out a clipart and then find the story it goes with. We then read it and then discuss what the scripture means. They each have their own scripture journals that they can draw (Anthony can write and draw) what they learned from that scripture. I am hoping this will help in our family scripture reading. When Anthony reads the scriptures it is over Madeline's head and she is bored and obviously getting nothing out of it, and when it is Madeline's turn they are the cartoon version and Anthony has those memorized. I am hoping this will meet the two kids in the middle and they will both get something out of family scripture study.


This is a pic of the bag I made for all the scripture stories, the little pouch holds the clipart. I laminated everything.

These are the scripture journals I made for the kids.

Here is an example of what they look like inside.

2 comments:
What a fabulous idea. I would love a copy, if you don't mind sharing all your hard work.
Wendythatcher@yahoo
Sandra,
You are AMAZING! Great job on the scripture journals. And that was so cute that Madeline had a pedicure and manicure! I can see why she loved it. If you wouldn't mind sending me the file, that would be great. And if you don't mind, I am going to pass it on to my sisters too. ruthrobertson@gmail.com
Post a Comment