Things have been crazy lately. Madeline had surgery on the 18th of August (her six month extension on her back). The night before surgery we had a bout with constipation that lasted until 3:00 in the morning. She never passed it, I think she just got so tired that she was able to relax and go to sleep. We got her up a few hours later to head to the hospital for her surgery. The morphene that they put her under didn't help with the constipation. Madeline was released the next day and we spent an extra night in the hotel so that Madeline could enjoy the hotel too. It was a long night, constipation still bothering her along with Spencer in retalitation that he was not in his bed and in his room in his house. We finally got Madeline the right amount of medicine to help with her problems. We thought we were home free, but we quickly learned that we weren't. It took a week in a half to get everything under control. Several calls to the doctor (don't ask why they didn't want to see us and instead just handle it over the phone..frustrating), two trips to the Urgent Care Center, and every over the counter drug that we could give her we finally got some peace in our house. It turned out that Madeline had stool stuck in her large intestines and to make matters worse gas was trapped in between all the stool and was not able to get out and to all this we add the pain that comes from having back surgery. She was a real trooper and you could see she was trying so hard to be brave. Spencer was feeding off of Madeline so every time she would cry in pain, Spencer would join in. It was crazy with having two kids crying all day and wanting and needing your attention, along with helping your son with school. It is a miracle that I am still alive. I had lots of plans, but as you can bet nothing got done. I just kept telling myself, this is just for a small moment, and it was. What was more frustrating than anything was not being able to do anything for Madeline and not getting the response from the doctors that I needed. Here I am her mother and I cannot take away the pain, all I could do was hold her as she screamed in pain. My girl is back and you can tell. I missed her spunk and the funny things that come out of her mouth, and I even missed her stuborness too. We got her on medicine for the time being, but I did inform the doctor that I much rather treat this with diet and get my daughter off from being dependant on a drug. I have to put enough medicine in her body to keep you a live I don't want to shove any more down here. However, until we can find a happy medium with her diet I have her on medication so hopefully she will never have to be in pain like that again.


The kids have returned back to school. Madeline is in her same class with the same teachers, so no changes there. This year Madeline is finally able to communicate to me on what she did during school. Last year she would just keep telling me I don't know. When I pick her up she is so excited to tell me about her day. So all the way home from school she jibber jabbers in the car about all the fun things that she did during school. It is music to my ears and I absolutely enjoy hearing her talk. Anthony is in first grade this year in a gifted and talented class. He loves his teacher and is in with a few kids from his Kindergarten class too. He doesn't really tell me too much about his day, but I get a few pieces here and there. Anthony still enjoys piano and is having fun learning Star Wars music. I am amazed at how well he has grasped the piano and taken off with it.
.JPG)
Spencer loves to jabber. He will come up to you and start jabbering as if he is having a real conversation with you. It is the funniest and cutest thing. He loves to jabber, I can only image what will happen when actual words come out. He had his 15 month check up and he weighs 27 pounds and is 33 inches tall.


I have been busy getting to know my sewing machine and in total love with it. My grandmother bought Madeline her first sewing machine, and Madeline loves it. Madeline pushes the pedal, I guide the fabric and tell her when to stop and the most important thing I do is watch out for my fingers. Madeline gets excited when it is time for her and I to sew, she loves making things. Though her attention spam fizzles out before the project is completed and I finish it myself. I took her to the fabric store and she picked out some material and fringe to make lots of pillows for her room. She thought that was the funnest thing to do and she was even more excited when we came home and made a pillow together.

After Madeline and I made a pillow together, I made a few more to cover her bench that I made her in her room. After that I attempted to make a fabric basket and after breaking two needles I decided that next time I will order the timetex on line. The basket turned out kind of funny looking, but it works to put things that we need to take care of when we leave the house (for example, bills, letter, packages, papers for school or doctor offices, etc.). I have a lot more projects, more projects then I have time for, but I am slowing chipping away at them. I am loving the fact that I can embroider things, it is like having a label maker for sewing. I love my label maker to label my totes around the house, and now I can label baskets, pillows, and bags that I make for the kids. It is fabulous.

Here are a few random pics of Anthony going to see the new star wars movie. He absolutely loved it, but Grant said it is not the same as seeing the original star wars movies. He said he wouldn't see it again.


3 comments:
Your family is such an awesome example! Glad Madeline is feeilng better. What a little trooper! Loved her nails & little sewing machine! Too cute! :)
I am glad that Madeline's surgery went well. She is such a sweet heart!
Your sewing projects are gorgeous. I should really learn how.
Post a Comment