Monday, November 10, 2008

A note to Anthony


Anthony you are a gift from our Heavenly Father, a gift that brings joy everyday. I still remember the day you were born and though I was tired and worn out from the work it took to get you here all that was swept away immediately after you were placed in my arms. Your big eyes were wide opened as you looked into my eyes. I remember thinking wow I am a mother! Here I was holding a brand new child who just left the presence of our Heavenly Father, and with that thought I felt the love of my Savior wrapping his arms around me. I remember when it was quiet and the nurses and doctors were finished with their business, I cradled you in my arms and quietly sang "I am a Child of God." The way you responded told me that you heard that song before. As I sang you slept so peacefully as if you were home. Now fast forward to seven years later and you still ask me to sing I am a Child of God every night before bed. As your mother I truly hope that you know and feel that you are a Child of God. I hope that this knowledge of who you are can carry through whatever you face in life. Please remember you are a Child of God.

Anthony there are many qualities about you that I treasure. I love your eyes. Your smile truly lies within your eyes. I love to see them light up. I love to see your excitement. I love to see your smile. I love to feel your hugs. I love to hear you say "I just love you Mommy." I love to hear you pray and I enjoy hearing your testimony as you express your understanding of the gospel and the scriptures.

Anthony, you were my first in every way. You were my first child to hold, the first child I was blessed with to share in all the milestones, and in every way I was able to learn from you. As you grew so did I. I love having you as my son, your love and dedication is amazing. You strive every day to do what is right. You work hard and you play hard too. I am glad for the gift Heavenly Father has given me and the best part I get to enjoy my gift forever!

Anthony remember that wherever life takes you, whatever the journey may be; I love you and most of all remember who you are-A Child of God. That is my greatest wish for you. With that knowledge you will be able to handle anything and conquer your life's dreams. I love you, my son. These past seven years have been a joy and I know that it is only the beginning. Keep doing what you are doing and you will have much success in life. I love you!!

No comments: