
PLUS

Equals No Good
What do you get when you combine Spencer and Vegetable oil? A major oil spill. That is right we had a major oil spill in our house on Thursday and we are still cleaning up from it. Spencer managed to wedge his hand into the pantry that was locked with a baby lock and knock the vegetable oil (used) down and then started to play in it as if it was water. He was having a good old time, while his mother was innocently trying to get ready to head out the door for a teacher conference. Spencer who was wearing fleece was oil's best friend and soaked right into him. Spencer then continued with his journey crawling all over the house spreading the oil around where ever he went. So within 10 minutes the kitchen floors were covered in oil, the living room floors were blessed with his generosity, as well as parts of the entry way and hall way floors. My kids could not come into the house so lucky for me a nice neighbor watched my children so I could proceed to clean up our major oil spill. With piano lessons looming ever near I knew I needed help so Grant the hero came home and helped with the mess. It took three hours to get the floors to a position where the kids would not slip and fall. Two days later and you can still see oil on the floors; so I am still mopping and Spencer is still Spencer. The clothes that he was wearing are still soaked in oil despite letting them soak in dish soap and being washed in the washing machine. The plus side is that whenever he wears those clothes his legs stay nice and smooth. Through all this what did I learn....that Spencer's good looks and charming smile saved him.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry. That'll be a good story when he's older.
Wow. Wow. Wow. Shanna has been getting our oil out and I was thinking what a HUGE mess that would be. Glad it is cleaned up. I am cleaning up "unexpected messes" all the time, when I really shouldn't be surprised when they happen. Oil would definitely fall under an "unexpected mess" category. No fun! Thanks for sharing though!
Post a Comment