Friday, January 2, 2009

What a Holiday


Our holiday
was a quiet and simple one this year. For the past few months life has been really busy and stressful and so we were looking forward to a quiet break. Grant was going to be off from work the entire time the kids were out of school and so the prospects of having no schedule no deadlines to meet was really exciting. However, what we didn't expect that at least one member of our family being sick during the holiday. I was sick Christmas Eve and Christmas day with the body aches and an upset stomach. So needless to say we weren't able to do any of usual traditions on Christmas or Christmas Eve. I was able to get up long enough to see the children unwrap their presents (which took all of 10 minutes) and then back to bed I went. I felt better then next day, but then it was Grant's turn to get sick and poor Madeline hasn't stopped her cough for at least two weeks. Took her to the doctor and they did some tests because the doctors were afraid she had a form of pneumonia. It turned out to be a virus and her Pulmonologist put her back on steriods and that seems to be helping. Spencer keeps having a leaky faucet out his nose and Anthony has been the only one that has not been sick in any form. It was still a nice quiet holiday and it was nice to do whatever we wanted whenever. I was able to get my creative juices flowing in finding ways to decorate the house without spending really any money and that has been fun. With me not feeling well and with having a kid and a husband not feeling well it has been a slow process, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully now everyone will start to feel better and we can get rid of this bug once and for all. Because we were all sick I have no pictures to show you, because well we were too sick for pictures.

On Christmas morning, Spencer was more interested in finding food to eat (he never misses a meal or passes up an opportunity to eat), and when he wasn't looking for food he was busy playing in his room with his old toys. So the kids opened his couple of presents for him and every once in a while he would pop his head in the living room to see what we were doing and then quickly go back to his room to play. I was able to find a 4 foot dollhouse for Madeline within my budget and she is in heaven. She a little one that she would play with for hours everyday and now she has one that is taller than her. She got a couple of Dora toys which brought her excitement and a couple of Dora movies that I was able to find on e-bay. Anthony got excited when he saw a big lego star wars ship and an Indiana Jones lego set. I was also able secure him some star wars music cds on e-bay for a really good price so those have added to his imaginary star wars battles. Santa brought Anthony and Madeline digital cameras, nothing expensive but the kids enjoy taking pictures and the beauty of it is I don't have to pay to develop pictures.

Now we are embarking on a new year and we are looking forward to all that 2009 and will bring us!

1 comment:

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Sorry y'all were sick! Hope everyone's back to feeling better! :)