Monday, January 19, 2009

Blast Off




















This is one of my latest projects. Anthony and Spencer's closet doors stood out too much in their room, and I was having a hard time liking their room. Grant gave the suggestion that we paint a mural on the wall. I am no artist, but figured with his help and a few circles we could come up with something decent. Anthony was gone for a sleep over and while he was away his dad and I got to work. Grant drew it and together we painted. I have never painted so many coats of blue nor have I done some many touch ups. It was great to be able to surprise Anthony, and now their closet doors fit in with the room and not stand out.

3 comments:

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

I bet Anthony was thrilled when he saw that! :) Very nice!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I don't know if I ever said anything about the two doors. They look awesome! And it seems like the boys will love having it there for a few years! It reminds me of something my sister Lena would do. It was cute seeing a picture of Spencer asleep by the toys!

Alycia said...

I am really impressed. I would be afraid to take on a project like that. It looks really great though. I am sure your boys love it!