I usually do not share things personal on this blog, but I have had a couple of experiences that have touched me, both of them have to do with Anthony.
Anthony has a goal to read The Book of Mormon before he turns 8 this November. Everyday he reads a chapter a day. Grant and I have been impressed with how well he is understanding what he is reading. It also has been exciting to see his excitement in reading his scriptures, I hope this excitement follows him through his life. Well I have been reading The Book of Mormon as well and I just recently finished reading it. I told Anthony that I finished reading The Book of Mormon and with a big smile on his face he gave me a hug. He probably will never know how much that meant to me, to see him proud of me for accomplishing a goal.
Madeline has been receiving lots of get well cards in the mail. A few times Anthony would ask when am I going to receive cards in the mail. Sensing that he would love to receive a letter in the mail, I asked a few family members to join me in sending cards to Anthony. A few days ago my letter arrived in the mail for him and he was excited to see that he was getting cards in the mail. After he read my card he told me "I almost cried when I read your card." I was surprise to hear that come from a seven year old. I asked him why, in which he simply replied because I liked it and it made me feel special. Again I don't think Anthony will know how much that meant to me. At times I feel that I am so busy taking care of Madeline's medical needs, containing my tornado named Spencer that I feel I leave Anthony out. I have been making a considerable more effort for him to realize and know each and every day how much I love him. There are days that I feel I don't do so well in the area, but the Lord knows my heart and my pleas as a mother and he brings opportunities like these to let me know to not beat myself up so much that I am doing a good job and that despite my shortcomings my children are happy and feel loved.
These tender mercy moments have come at a good time for me. I just recently experience some hurtful words and accusations that have really crushed my spirit, but my Heavenly Father knowing of my pain has showered me with these Tender Mercy Moments to aid in lifting my spirits, and who better to receive a Tender Mercy from than an innocent child.
I truly have the best children and it is a joy and privilege to be their Mother and to serve them everyday and to experience the joy that comes from being their Mother. My life is truly a gift.
1 comment:
What a wonderful post. Like I've said before, you are an amazing mother! Anthony is quite the guy--an apostle in the making! And your 4th of July sounded great! You are an inspiration to me.
Post a Comment