




Christmas this year for us was nice and relaxing and quiet. After presents were opened the day was spent playing and putting together everyones loot. It was nice to have a day with no doctor appointments, no places to hurry off too, and no deadlines to make.
We thought Spencer would get into the unwrapping of presents, but not this year. He saw the one thing he loves Wiggles that Santa brought and Christmas was complete; nothing else mattered to Spencer, in fact whenever we tried to interest him in another gift he would get upset for us taking him away from his new wiggle toy.
Madeline loved all her new art kits and has put them to use. She received an light brite which was the first thing she needed to try out, but Santa's gift was the highlight a large wooden car to go with her dollhouse.
Anthony found lots of new and exciting toys for him to enjoy. He received his own Darth Vadar Robotic Arm that he was able to build himself, Knug Fu Panda, and Mindmaster game; but again Santa came through with shinning colors and got him an automatic 20 bullet nerf gun ( I don't think Santa thought that one through very well).
I got a food processor and a cartridge for my cricut cutter and Grant got a book about the comparison of historical writings, including the Book of Mormon, about the origin of Native Americans. The kids each made a book for him with their dad and themselves as the main character doing an activity that they like to do with their dad; and he also got a calendar with pics of the kids to use at work.
The kids loved all of their toys and enjoyed waking up Christmas morning and seeing the Magic of Christmas, and I did something this year that I haven't done before I actually wrapped all the presents this year instead of just sticking them under the tree unwrapped.
1 comment:
You do realize that now we have written proof that you can wrap. So now when we are all old and gray I can tell Anthony, Madeline, and Spencer that the year of 2009 their mom actually wrapped the Christmas presents. They will be shocked I'm sure. (he he he :) )
Post a Comment