
I always try to make General Conference fun for our family, sitting through four sessions is a lot of work, so I try to provide fun reverent and entertaining things for the kids to do. Since also this is the time of the year that we go through our 72 hour kits and update them, I got the idea to make General Conference survival kits. I found day packs on clearence and knew those would be perfect to put the kids' supplies in. Each kit had a blanket, General Conference packet full of coloring pages and activities to do, snacks, a water bottle, and a travel games that were new to them. To go along with the kits I also made General Conference t-shirts. The kids enjoyed laying their things out and diving into their survival kits. The kids were happy and quiet, and us parents were able to listen and learn. Anthony is starting to understand what is being spoken during General Conference because every once in awhile he would make a comment or two about what was being spoken. The kids enjoy General Conference time, it is to be able to spend the weekend as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment