Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spencer's First Day of School


Spencer has been in ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) for his speech delay and his delay in fine motor skills. When the child turns 3 they graduate out of the program and either get deferred to the public school or other resources. Spencer qualified for the PPCD program at school and so on May 13th he started his new adventure of going to public school. Mom was thrilled because of the three hour break I would get, but Spencer on the other hand did not agree and cried the whole day and at the end of the day when he saw he totally lost it. However, when I picked him up and took him to McDonald's to celebrate he was all jibber jabber about his day at school and all the fun things he was able to do. He sure does not like to separate from me, but I keep assuring him that it is a good thing to spread your wings and fly; hopefully before he is 18 he will catch on to the idea.

No comments: