
With Madeline being home bound and having a full leg cast I have been planning fun activities that her and I can do together that would help her to feel special. We have been having beautiful weather and so one day after we drop Spencer off at school we headed to the park. Madeline has figured how she could go for a walk independently as well as ride a bike with a full leg cast. I offered to push her on the wheel chair, but she insisted on doing the walk herself with the help of a little tricycle. It was a nice walk around a little pond with trees, flowers, and brushes. I enjoyed talking to Madeline, seeing her smile, and seeing the world through her eyes. After our nice walk we enjoyed a picnic. As her mother I just loved watching her and seeing her smile. She was having a good time and enjoying being a fun girl. At that moment she didn't have a full leg cast, she was a healthy, strong, and beautiful Madeline. After our fun in the park we finished the afternoon off with a yummy girl scout cookie; you can't get better than that.
During this past month with Madeline being home bound from school, I have enjoyed spending time with her and the moments that her and I have shared together. It is times like this where I feel proud to be a mother and where I catch the full vision of the gift and beauty of motherhood.
As Madeline's mother I am so proud of her and the determination and resolve that she has during this period of time. She does not let a cast get in her way of enjoying life and doing the things that she loves. Seeing and knowing this, I know Madeline will go far in life and will not let anything get in her way of what she loves and enjoys doing. Madeline is such an inspiration.
I am so happy and proud to be her mother! What a gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment