
I have learned that when one receives a prompting, one should follow through. One night before bed as I was pondering about the days events I felt a prompting that I should give Anthony a heart attack. So the next day while Anthony was at school, I followed through on the prompting. I decided to do a little bit more, by really cleaning his room. I dusted from top to bottom, organized a bit, nicely made his bed and finished it off by vacuuming his floor. After that I went about putting hearts all over the wall. Some of the hearts had qualities that I admire about Anthony. I then added streamer to the door and then filled the room with balloons. As I went about this I just thought about Anthony and what a huge blessing he has been to me. Feelings of love and admiration filled my heart and I couldn't be prouder to call Anthony my son. I am so glad for promptings and so glad that I followed through. This act of service brought me closer to Anthony and appreciate more the gift he is to me.
Anthony was surprised when he got home and the smile across his face said it all. There are so many things that I love about Anthony, his smile is no exception. In his eyes you can see pure joy and pure happiness. That afternoon I saw something else in his eyes, pure love. Sometimes I am so hard on me as a mother; but I am grateful for tender mercies of the Lord that shows me I am doing a good job.
No comments:
Post a Comment