
After being home for a weekend, Madeline was still struggling with walking to the point of not walking at all. On Monday I called her doctor and we were set up with physical therapy. The next day we were off back to Dallas to Scottish Rite to meet with physical therapy. After asking us a few questions and testing the strength of Madeline's legs; they presented her with a walker. After all the adjustments were made and a quick demonstration from the physical therapist it was Madeline's turn. Boy did she take her turn. She grabbed her walker by the horns and took off and never looked back. The walker was exactly she needed to help her get back to walking. It only took Madeline a total of couple minutes to learn how to walk with it and to use the walker to walk up steps and uneven surfaces. Less than 30 minutes later Grant and I watched Madeline walk out the hospital with a huge smile. You know what her huge smile said to me? I am FREE. I no longer need my parents to get around, and the best part if I need to go to the restroom I don't have to wait for someone to take me. Freedom is truly sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment