Monday, April 9, 2012

Conference Weekend


April's General Conference was March 31- April 1. I love Conference, I love hearing the words of our prophet and leaders. I get a sense of encouragement and a refocus on what the eternal goal is all about. To help the kids gain a sense of appreciation and love for Conference we make it a weekend of celebration. It is my hope that through these wonderful memories and traditions that we have will instill in my children a love for General Conference and listening to the words of our prophet and leaders. This year I made a prophet board. When the prophet or member of the 12 spoke the kids would place their picture on the board, draw what their tie looked like and then after they spoke we would each write what we thought their message was. The goal is to use this board during the next six months reviewing and studying their messages in our Family Home Evening. The kids really loved the board and would get excited when it was their turn to put up a picture. In addition to our Conference Board we did our usual traditions of donuts for breakfast on Saturday morning, pizza for dinner on Saturday, and a yummy treat after daddy returned from Priesthood Session. This year we were treated by the visit of Grant's cousin who was in town visiting. It was fun talking and visiting with him. This year while Grant and his cousin went to Priesthood Session the kids and I went over to some friends house for lots of fun and games. After Daddy returned home we had a yummy treat of smores straight from our fire place. The kids loves making smores and jump at any opportunity to do so. It was nice to hear what Daddy learned and what he felt as he listened to the words of our prophet that were specific to him.

It was a nice weekend and it was nice to hear the inspired words of our leaders. As I prayed leading up to Conference to prepare my mind and heart to hear the words of our leaders; I knew that there would be talks that would be for me. That answer certainly came true and was a testimony to me that my Heavenly Father is truly aware of me and knows exactly what I need to hear and when I need to hear it.

Conference weekend is one I look forward to every Spring and every Fall.

No comments: