Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spa Day


My Sister, Katie, has been planning a spa day for Madeline to celebrate Madeline accomplishment with getting her casts off. This past Saturday was the day. Katie did her research and found what color of nail polish Madeline would like, what kind of fun nail stickers, and even what treats she would enjoy. It was my job to talk to Madeline and prep her for her special day. Madeline enjoyed her spa day and enjoyed the special treatment that she got. I loved watching my sister serve my daughter and to shower her with love and kindness. I was reminded of the blessings of service and how it is through service that we can really bring a smile to ones face. What a treat for Madeline to enjoy! It was just the treat in getting your nails painted but the treat in the time that my sister took to gathering materials that Madeline would love. It was definitely all about Madeline, and by the look on Madeline's face she knew and felt it too. That day I would catch Madeline looking at her nails and from time to time she would comment on how it was the best part of the day. One time she was talking to me about how she dreams at nice about the good things in her day and that night she was definitely going to dream about getting her nails done. As her mother that was music to my ears.

I know Madeline will remember her spa day and I know that it will make having her foot cast a pleasant memory. Thanks Katie for your love and service you did for Madeline.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

How fun for Madeline! Looks like she and Katie had a great time. Thanks for sharing!