Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter


Our kids didn't have Easter baskets to gather their eggs in, but I did find Halloween buckets and though Halloween and Easter are two worlds apart they did do the trick in a pinch.

With us going up to Oklahoma and then onto visit the Kansas City, Missouri Temple I didn't really plan much for Easter. We usually do our Easter baskets and egg hunts on Saturday leaving Easter Sunday to learn and talk about the Resurrection. With us being in the car all day on Saturday I figured it would be pretty hard to have an Easter Egg Hunt and Baskets. I figured the kids wouldn't miss it for one year. I love Easter time, I love teaching my children what Easter is all about and that it doesn't have anything to do with Easter bunny and Easter Eggs. We still were able to keep our tradition of studying the last week of the Savior's life during the week leading up to Easter Sunday. I enjoyed each night being able to gather as a family reading the words from the scriptures, looking at the pictures that corresponded with the story, and then being able to apply the message the Savior was teaching us to our lives. I loved the testimonies that were shared and seeing them grasp the knowledge of the significance of our Savior's Atonement, Death, and Resurrection.

Since Madeline was born, the Resurrection takes on a whole knew meaning to me. Because our Savior Jesus Christ was Resurrected we all have the opportunity to be Resurrected. Not only will we be Resurrected but our bodies will be restored to perfect order. I still remember the day when Madeline and I had an impromptu conversation about the Resurrection and I was able to share with her what that will mean for her. You could see she was taking it in when a smile from ear to ear came across her face and a sweet expression of "no more ouchies." Happiness filled my heart when I was able to tell her that is right, no more ouchies. I look forward to that day as Madeline's mother to be able see her Resurrected body to hug her and to say "You did it!" You overcame your challenges with faith, courage, dignity, grace, and determination. I am so grateful that the Savior didn't quit. I am so grateful that He loved me so much to give me the greatest gift of Eternal Life; that through him I can walk back to the presence of my Heavenly Father and dwell with him forever.

Our kids did get their Easter Egg Hunt in and did find their Easter goodies; but not from me but from the kindness of Grant's cousin and their family. They included us in their Easter festivities and so all the cousins were able to participate and enjoy and wonderful Easter Egg hunt filled with lots of goodies.

Easter Weekend was a wonderful weekend filled with good memories and good times with family.

Madeline in her Easter "skirt" that I made her. I thought it turned out great and I see more skirts like that in her future.

1 comment:

Presley family said...

What a beautiful family you have! :-)