At the end of June, Madeline turned 8 and she couldn't be more excited. For us 8 is an important year for you are baptized. Madeline has come a long way in her eight years and has overcome a lot. Things are starting to slow down for Madeline health wise and the surgeries are getting further and further apart. It is nice to say that the Children's Hospital is no longer our home. We still have our doctor's appointments but they are the standard check ups and we can handle those. It is nice to be able to see that Madeline is doing so well that she can start to enjoy life and be a carefree girl. We had a lot of family in town for her birthday and a lot of cousin fun. There was playing in the pool, playing build a bear imagination, monkey cupcake eating, and opening lots and lots of presents. Of course the biggest thing that happened on her birthday was her baptism. I think Madeline was sung too several times that day and each time she would have a big smile on her face. I am certain Madeline felt loved and special on her very special day.
I will post about Madeline's baptism shortly as soon as I can put my feelings from the down on paper, it was one the spiritual highlights of my life.

1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I bet it was an amazing day. What a special day for beautiful Madeline!
Post a Comment