Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Main Event


Another day during our week long stay cation we decided to go to Main Event.  Our original plans were to go to the Bluebell Ice Cream plant to take a tour, but the tour time slots were full.  We didn't want to risk driving three hours to take a chance on the standby list.  After searching other places to go and see we came up empty.  There were lots of places to see, but cost was an issue as well as Madeline and the heat.  One of the activities we had on our Summer Fun Board was bowling.  I knew Main Event had bowling as well as other fun activities and the best part it is smoke free.  We decided to also to a round of glow in the dark golf.  The kids did well at bowling and they all got a few strikes.  Spencer still doesn't understand why he can't bowl again when he gets a strike.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the beauty of a strike but me; but I made up for it by getting a couple of hole-in-one when we played golf.  Spencer seemed to enjoy more the black light effect on his shirt then actually playing golf.  It is always entertaining watching Spencer play golf.  After our golfing and bowling experience we headed to Sprinkle Cupcakes.  Cupcake Wars is a show I like to watch on the food network (I watch it online) and one of the judges is the owner of Sprinkle Cupcakes.  I learned that there was a store in Dallas and since we were not too far I thought it would be fun to try out these famous Cupcakes.  It was a fun treat, but it wasn't anything over the moon special.  Maybe if we are over in the area again we might stop by and enjoy a cupcake.  In the end it was a very full day and the kids were excited to be home.

1 comment:

Lois said...

I was thinking about you guys and wondering when you would update your blog, then I went to the email and here it is! Thanks for sending us the link. What a fun summer.

We're enjoying our mission. We are giving our first Career Workshop in Spanish this week. Fortunately the people we know are coming are really nice. At least they won't throw tomatoes at us in the High Council Room.

When does your school start? Are you still going to home school Madeline?

Take care.

Love, AUNT LOIS