Sunday, March 24, 2013

March Happenings

Nice weather is here, but I guess living in Texas we really never experience cold weather.  I do love Spring.  I love how it brings a feeling of fresh start and I enjoy being able to take advantage of longer day light hours.


Grant's work in conjunction with Legoland had a lego building fun day for the kids.  This was our first time to go inside Grant's work, due to security we can only go inside on family day and those are on Sundays usually during church.  The kids were excited to be able to go inside Daddy's work even if it was just the cafeteria.  There were two options the kids could choose from, Lego Masters or on your own build.  For Lego Masters you were just given a bag of legos and then at your appointed time you would go and build your helicopter with help from the masters at Legoland.  For on your own build you got to chose a kit and essentially build it on your own.  Seeing the crowds of people we chose build your own.  Anthony does not need any help when it comes to Legos, Madeline is getting pretty good and we are lucky if we can get Spencer to focus through at least a couple of steps.  Between Grant and I we were confident that we could help Madeline and Spencer.  There was a 5.00 fee for each kid and the kits we chose would at least been double that at the store so we thought it was a win win situation.  We picked out our lego set (which of course was a helicopter) and found a corner and went to town.  Our kids finished before the rest of the event really kicked off.  We looked around for a bit at the lego displays they had there and treated our kids to the consession stands.  After our lunch and looking around we headed home.  I wasn't sure if the kids thought it was a fun outing because we finished so fast, but as we were leaving Anthony expressed what a fun time it was.  It is always nice to hear that reassurance from your kids.


We just finished with Spring Break and I love Spring Break.  I love for one week of not being dictated by the schools schedule and instead we can dictate our own schedule.  I love how for one week things slow way down and we can spend lots of time with each other.  Spring Break gets me really excited for Summer Break.  It is a tradition in our family to go camping every year for Spring Break and that is what we did.  For Monday and Tuesday of Spring Break we stayed home.  I wanted to give the kids something fun to do so I devised a nerf gun battle once their dad came home from work.  I made a warning sign for him to see on the door and I included a loaded nerf gun with extra bullets.  The kids and I made forts throughout the living room and we each had our own loaded nerf gun with extra bullets.  Once we knew Daddy was home we all went to our designated spots to prepare for battle.  It was a fun nerf gun battle that lasted for 30 minutes; having the forts made it extra fun.  Bullets were flying everywhere, in fact I am still finding them as I clean.  Our nerf gun battle turned into a tickle match and when that was done we headed to the Rec Center to go swimming in their indoor pool.  After swimming we went to Taco Bell for dinner.  It was a lot of fun to have a solid few hours that evening spending time together.  While we were eating our dinner at home it was fun and neat to talk as a family about our evening and what we liked about it.  I treasure these moments!

Tuesday was spent with packing and getting the house cleaned up for our trip.  I try to get the house nice and clean before we go anywhere so I don't have to come home to a messy house, it sure makes unpacking easier.  It is quit an adventure and an undertaking to get ready to go camping, but the kids enjoy camping and they are all pretty good about pitching in and helping out.

Of course in Cooper style we packed our camping trip full of fun activities so I will let that have its own post.

No comments: