Sunday, September 22, 2013
A New School Year
Anthony is now starting the world of Middle School and I did all I could during the first week of school to stay home and not run up and pull him out of school. He caught on real fast to the whole schedule and changing classes and so far he is embracing everything pretty good. Spencer is our only one at the Elementary School. Spencer is so excited to be first grader and loves to show his independence. For Spencer it is pretty cool to go down the first grade hall, almost a right of passage. I know Heavenly Father really looks out for our kids and once again Spencer has been blessed with a perfect teacher. Spencer didn't get who Anthony nor Madeline had, but the teacher he did get is perfect for him. All of the concerns I had are washed away, Spencer is going to do awesome this year. It is hard to believe I have a Middle Schooler and I pray constantly that Middle School treats Anthony well. There are a lot of expenses that come with Middle School and that has been a eye opener and what was shocking the most to me was they don't have text books. They have one set of textbooks and those stay in the classroom, everything else is done with technology. This is a good thing because Anthony is not allowed to carry his backpack during school. His backpack remains in his locker until school is out for the day. A lot has changed since I was in school and I am not that old. Anthony has a good head on his shoulders, I know he will do great and he will be a blessing to his teachers and those students around him. Anthony is good about not hiding his light, and we all know how much light the world could use.
As tradition for the first day of school, the kids get their rooms decorated. Since Madeline is homeschooled she gets to participate in this fun. She starts school a week after the boys do. She gets her room decorated too, but it takes a little more work to be sneaky and all. I also make a treat for the first day of school and I know the kids get excited about that as well. I would like to provide treats more often, but when you home school and have a house to keep up with sometimes I do good just be standing by the end of the day. This year we were lucky to have Daddy around during the week. The union at Bell Helicopter has been working without a contract since June. They have not striked, but they refuse to work overtime. Since middle of July Grant has been summoned to build parts. So for a few months now Grant has been working as a machine operator instead of an engineer. Hopefully this will all end soon. Because Daddy was home he was able to participate in the room decorating and he even decorated Madeline's room while I taught her school.
So here is to a great school year, I know we will learn a lot. A side note: I was ready for school to be done on the first day of school. People think that is funny and I get all kinds of weird comments, but the fact is I enjoy having my children around. I enjoy the slower pace life style the summer brings and I enjoy being able to spend so much time together. If it was the right thing I would home school the boys, but I know they are where they are suppose to be. I know the school year will fly by and then I can have my kids back for a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Fun summer activities and start to a great school year. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment