Sunday, September 22, 2013
Madeline's School Room
During the Summer I worked on setting up a school room for Madeline. We moved the computer into the living room, something I didn't ever want to happen. The computer/office was in our garage addition and we have now turned that into Madeline's school room. It is nice to have a spot dedicated for school, where we can get messy and not have to worry about cleaning everything up so we can use the kitchen table. It is also nice to have everything out and accessible and I made sure that everything Madeline needed was at her height. I was able to find the perfect desk that is the perfect height for Madeline. I used the desk as my jumping off point. I learned Madeline is a very visual learner and it is nice to be able to have the tools that she needs to make learning come a live. She has been having a ball in her classroom and she is excited to start school each day.
Also I spent the summer studying the different curriculum's and with lots of prayer was able to pick several that will work with Madeline's learning style. I also spent time preparing lesson plans and visuals and putting together fun activities to help bring learning to life for Madeline. Homeschooling is not easy and sometimes I want to quit, but to see how dramatically Madeline has improve (especially her health) I know we are doing what she needs. I also know that I can't do anything, my strength is no good; but by relying on him for the strength I know I will be successful and will be able to meet my other responsibilities; but man there are some days that sure feel like a marathon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment