Monday, February 18, 2008

Crazy Cooper Update

This past week was uneventful, which for us is great! Yesterday at church I received a new calling. I was released as Visiting Teaching Coordinator and Family History Consultant and called as 2nd Counselor in the Primary. That is so funny! A couple Wednesdays ago I was up at the church putting reports in the computer when the Bishop asked to talk to me. At that time they extended me the call to be Primary Secretary. Great! I thought I am a good gopher. Sunday came and they didn't release me and they didn't call me, so I thought they changed their mind. Well they did change their mind; instead of secretary they decided 2nd counselor. I agreed and said as long as I don't move up. So I was glad yesterday at church when they called me to be counselor and didn't change their mind. I have known this would be happening for some time. Heavenly Father has been nudging me and giving me promptings that it is my time to serve in the primary (which I have never done before). A few years ago this would have terrified me, but I can see through my own children how the Lord has prepared me for this time to serve. I am excited! I love teaching children! FHE at our house are a family favorite. I try to do it like primary so the kids have a lot of fun and I think it helps Madeline to learn the songs and lessons better.

For Valentines Day I decided to throw the kids a party. They were totally excited about it. I didn't realize how much candy they would bring home from school, I thought it was halloween. It is safe to say that most of the candy was thrown out. Not only did they get lots of candy, but they must have eaten lots of sugar, they were everywhere. Next year, I might change our party a little different; I didn't know that I would be adding to their sugar content for the day. But anyway, I gave the kids a bucket of cookies and instead of just giving it to them I created a treasure hunt for them to find their Valentine. I created one for Grant as well. Anthony loves treasure hunts. When you start to read the clue he will immediately go and find the next clue and then come back and say it wasn't there, we then tell him that he needs to read the whole clue before leaving. This was Madeline's first time to do a treasure hunt. After I read her the clue I would then ask her where should we go and she would tell me "A treasure hunt." She did this each time, so she didn't quit get the idea but she had a lot of fun. After our treasure hunt, I made heart shape cupcakes for the kids to decorate and after cupcakes they each had their homemade pinata that Grant helped me make. After the party we went to a 3.00 all you can eat pizza buffet which the kids absouletely enjoyed, and Spencer did too!

Anthony is doing really well on his scripture reading. I found an easy BOM reader from BYU bookstore. It is written at Anthony's level and goes through the whole BOM. Yesterday during Sacrament meeting, Anthony was reading his scriptures and there were some pretty big words and he was just cruising through them. He has really picked up reading fast. He is starting to enjoy reading too. He has made a goal to become a good reader and he has a goal tracker on the wall that lists his steps on how he can become a good reader so I think that has helped to motivate him. I also found a website that a free scripture printables where you can print stories from the BOM and the kids draw a picture of what they think the story is about. Anthony has also enjoyed these and they have been really good for him during Sacrament Meeting as well as understanding what the story is about.

Madeline is healthy and has recovered very nicely from surgery. We are now getting ready for her heart cath in march. The is a prepartory step for her heart surgery in June.

Spencer is 22 1/2 pounds and happy as can be. He still gets around by spinning in circles and scooting backwards. He has started to get on all fours and rock. He has 6 teeth, this surprised me because Anthony and Madeline didn't teethed until they were a year old.

Oh another thing, I almost forgot. I worked really hard to clean our house really well and keep it maintained with three kids so that this weekend I didn't have to do any house chores and I could just work on my projects. Well I am happy to report that I met my goal and boy was it nice. I didn't realize how much I needed time to work on my hobbies. I scrapbooked all weekend long and made a huge dent in my scrapbooks. I was able to get Spencer's book completed as far as I had pictures for, Anthony 2004-2005 album done, and Madeline's 2005-2006 almost done. I will be happy if I get completely caught before the year is out. Grant was very suportive too and helped me out to make it possible for me to scrapbook. I even got the kids on it and had some pictures for them to glue on pieces of paper for their own scrapbooks. I have decided I am going to do this every weekend. Maybe this weekend I will finish a couple of baby quilts that I have started for Spencer before he out grows them. Well I think that is our week. Enjoy the pics.



For FHE evening we talked about our ancestors and what it means to be an etnernal family, so to celebrate we made a dessert from Grandma Thompson cookbook.

Madeline was suppose to be sleaping, but little did we know that she was not sleeping; this is how we found her. I couldn't resist getting a picture and then after picture we put immediately back to bed.

The cutiest 9 month ever

Valentine Day Breakfast that I made for the kids.

No comments: