Monday, August 4, 2008

Martha Stewart came for a Visit

I don't know what happened to me, but I got into a Martha Stewart kick this weekend. It all started when I saw these cute crayon roll ups and I knew this would be great for church. I then saw these cute bags and thought these would be great and the kid's church bag so they can each carry their own bag to church with stuff just for them. No more carrying this big bulky bag around. And so let the sewing begin. Thanks for the help of Grant. I am not really good at reading all those directions and so my husband helped me cut the fabric and helped me to understand the directions. I think they turned out really good and the kids sure did enjoy them.

And then I just kept going for some insane reason and I decided to make homemade cranberry bagels oh but wait I still kept going and made homemade wheat bread and Grant and the kids made homemade cranberry muffins, and I guess I still had enough energy to make dinner. Clean up was a whole other issue, it took me sometime to go in and clean up from my cooking and sewing excursions. I have determined that Martha Stewart has a crew and I don't so being Martha Stewart is exhausting. I have put her in the closet and am taking a break maybe she will come out again. I have some more sewing projects planned so we will see.

In searching the Internet to come up with neat ideas for the house I came across these neat ideas for traveling. My mind is dizzy with ideas that I just might have to put to action. Not only am I going to do this one for travel but I think I am going to make one for Madeline for when she goes to the hospital in a couple of weeks filled with fun and comforting things to do as she recovers.

Madeline has been having problems with stomach pain and constipation to the point of it disrupting our lives. The doctor gave us a couple of suggestions one was to do a test which I wanted to avoid I don't want to cause her pain more than I have to and the other suggestion was to eliminate dairy, fats, and grease, and processed foods. After looking at the list I realized there was nothing left to eat. Well we have eliminated milk and cheese, fats, grease, and taking baby steps to eliminating processed foods. We have noticed a difference and Madeline has not had any stomach problems or constipation since we started the changes. The only change has been her eating intake. She has started to eat more and enjoy eating. This new diet puts a lot of work on me, since most of her stuff needs to be made homemade, but we are taking baby steps so as to not overwhelm ourselves completely. It has been rewarding to see Madeline feeling better and not having problems with pain. She already goes through so much so to take care some of her pain is worth whatever effort I will need to do on my part.









No comments: