Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Best Gift Ever!

My Grandma surprised me with a brand new Embroidery/Sewing Machine. How cool is that! It is quite the understatement when I say that I was excited. Forget Christmas in July, how about Christmas in August! I quickly got the kitchen cleaned up, who wouldn't when you have a brand new sewing machine calling your name and your fingers itching to open it up and play with all the features. And oh boy does it have features. My favorite part is that I can sew without even pressing the foot, just push the start button and let it go. Now how cool is that! Having to thread a sewing machine and bobbin manually is a thing of the past. I mean with this machine it seems all I need to do is push buttons and watch my masterpiece unfold from my very own eyes.

I haven't been able to explore the embroidery side of the machine, I am leaving that to this weekend. Grant is planning on going for a bike ride and when he gets back, I am shutting the door to my make shift sewing room and letting my imagination go wild. My mind is filled with endless possibilities of what I can do, and my project list is getting longer and longer. Christmas will be so much fun. I plan on making the kids quilts for their beds with matching pillows and decorative pillows. With my new machine I can embroider their names and other decorative finishes now how cool is that going to be! I am probably more excited then they are. I know this for a fact. The other day in my animated voice I was explaining to Anthony all the fun things I have planned for decorating his room. When I was done explaining everything I asked for his opinion in which he replied you are crazy mom, you crack me up! This machine will give me endless fun as well as drain my wallet, those cartridges are not cheap! To try out my machine I made a bag for church
This isn't the best picture, but I was trying to show the decorative stitching that I did around the handle bars and along the top border. It sure is a fun toy!

Thanks Grandma you are the best!







2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Sweet!!! That is a cute bag too. That is awesome that you love to sew. I know how to, but don't love it. :) Thanks for the offer for meeting up with Lee. I don't know what his weekends will be like. He actually is coming home this weekend! YEAH!! Then only 4 weekends left. I looked forward to pictures of your creations!

Allyson said...

That's awesome! I'm jealous but this means you can teach me to sew! Hehehe