Sunday, March 1, 2009

It has been awhile since I have last updated our blog.  At first our computer crashed and after looking into it and realizing that it would cost the same amount to fix our computer as to get a new one, we decided to get a new one.  We decided this time that we would go mac.  Grant and I did not want to have windows vista and we both had heard good things about mac.  Uncle Sam came to the rescue with the money that we would need to get ourselves hook
ed up with a new computer.  I love our computer!  I have been enjoying all the features as well as the big screen that we were able to get because 
of uncle sam.  Now that we have a computer, I can get caught up with the blogging world.

At the beginning of the year, I made a goal to celebrate all the holidays with the kids as well as the prophet's birthdays.  So far we have celebrated Chinese New Year, Valentines Day, and Marti Gras.  We were going to celebrate Groundhog Day, but Madeline was in the hospital due to a virus that triggered her asthma.  The kids are enjoying all the fun and I am having fun putting everything together.








For Chinese New Year we got so
me chopsticks from the local Chinese fast food restraunt and we ate spaghetti with our chopsticks.  I knew my kids wouldn't eat Chinese noodles, so I thought of spaghetti.  It was a lot of fun and the kids did a really good job!  Spencer even managed to get some spaghetti in his mouth.  For decorations we made Chinese latterns out of construction paper and drapped them across the kitchen table.  While dinner was cooking the kids color the year of the ox paper.  
























For Marti Gras I bought some beaded necklases and hid them around the living room and each child went on a beaded necklase hunt similar to an Easter Egg hunt.  After our hunt each child wore their beads, and we got out our instruments and Grant put on some jazz music and we paraded around the house play
ing our instruments.  The kids really enjoyed it, but for some reason Spencer was not in a mood to enjoy the festivities.


1 comment:

Lois said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great idea!