
Madeline's crown with her place setting; the place mat that I made for each child to remind them to be constant like the North Star; a view of the whole table with lanterns and all.
Another back to school tradition we have is the night before school starts we have a Royal Feast. This year my Mom, Jonathan, and Mr. Gates joined us for the festivities. With our Royal Feast, I bring out the fine china, make king and queen crowns for each of the children and decorate the table according to our theme. This year our theme was Let Your Light Shine, and we talked about how we can be an example to our teachers and friends at school this year. I chose to talk about President
Hinckley's analogy of the North Star and to be constant like the North Star. I used the North Star as my decor around the room, from their place mats to the lanterns on the table. I tried to sprinkle the North Star wherever I could as a reminder to be a constant example to others. After our dinner which consisted of Hawaiian Haystack, we shared our testimonies and then Grant gave each child their back to school blessing. I always look forward to nights like this; it just sets the mood for going to back to school and I feel that I arm my children with words of wisdom that will help them throughout the year. The kids get excited too and love the special treatment they get on the night of their Royal Feast.
No comments:
Post a Comment