

This year for Halloween we had a Jedi Master, a Chef, and a King. Our ward's Trunk n Treat was on Saturday; the kids had fun running from car to car collecting as much candy as they could. Spencer really got into the whole Halloween fun this year. For weeks he would ask me if it is Halloween and if his king costume is done. Spencer loves capes and the fact that I was making him a purple (his favorite color) cape sent him over the moon. On Halloween day itself we joined some friends from church to go trick r treating around their neighborhood. Once again the kids were well treated in the candy department. Once Spencer realized that when you knock on the door they give you candy, he was gone. I was a little surprised because Spencer is not a people person, I guess there is power in his purple cape. He confidently went from house to house loudly declaring trick r treat and soon as his candy prize hit his bag he was off to the next house. Meanwhile Madeline was confused by the whole trick r treating thing. The kids have only known trunk r treat. Madeline kept asking how the people would know to have candy for her. I think for a bit she just thought this was some crazy fun that we Coopers were doing. After a little bit of explaining she caught on and enjoyed taking her turn ringing door bells. We did get to a point that her bag was to heavy for her to carry, but that didn't stop her. She just turned to her favorite person in the world (DAD) and had him carry her loot as she kept up with the other kids going from door to door. In the end we had more candy then anyone ever needed. We sorted the candy for gingerbread houses and then kept the good stuff for us. After a few weeks I was tired of seeing Halloween candy and tired of picking it up so I put it up out of sight out of mind with the hopes of throwing it away after a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment