
We have a tradition in our house and that is to celebrate Chinese New Year. I don't do anything fancy with decoration, games, or activities. I usually make Chinese Lanterns to go over the kitchen table and then we have Spaghetti or a similar noodle dish. The fun part is eating dinner with chopsticks. Watching the kids, especially Spencer, master the art of chopsticks is fun. They usually start out stabbing their food, but quickly are confused as they see that no mat
ter how hard they stab their food it still remains on their plate. Next they go for scoop up the food method and then they quickly learn that doesn't work either. They then try to copy what Mommy and Daddy are doing, but since Mommy and Daddy are not masters either, that plan doesn't help them get their food in their mouth. So in the end they go and get a fork and use the chopsticks as drum sticks. In years past I have made the kids fortune cookies out of felt and put messages of love and good fortune from Mommy, but life sometimes can get busy and some things get left out. Instead I went to the local chinese restraunt and bought fortune cookies. At the end of our dinner we all enjoyed opening our cookies and seeing what good fortune that we were all blessed with. We all got a good laugh and that is always fun.

Always Good Advice
No comments:
Post a Comment