Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Part One


Every year my family gathers together and make a wreath for Papa Bear's (my step dad) grave. It our Christmas present to him. The grand kids gather together to color wooden ornaments for the wreath and then the adults (mainly my mom, sister, and me) fill the wreath with the wooden ornaments and other things that remind us of him. Then on Christmas Eve I deliver the wreath and a poinsettia that I have been taking care of all month and wish him a Merry Christmas. It has been many years since his death and the tears come so easily-Oh how we miss him! Well this year we decided to have our families Christmas celebration in combination with the wreath making. After the wreath was decorated to perfection we all gathered to opened presents while our dinner finish cooking. The kids were so excited to see what my mom and sister brought and once their loot was revealed they were content playing with their new treasures. I scored big points for my gift to my mom-a Chad Hawkins water color painting of the Manti Temple, I think it is safe to say that I scored a home run with that gift. After gifts we enjoyed a yummy and simple dinner. I didn't do Turkey because we didn't need that much meat and ham doesn't agree with my body so I always do a pork loin roast. It is small enough to get eaten quickly and not have lots of leftovers looming over your head. Then we topped our tummies off with Pumpkin and Cherry Pie and the kids enjoyed baking Chocolate Chip Cookies. It was a fun evening and an enjoyable time as a family

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

What a fun evening Sandra! I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas!