Monday, December 31, 2012
Christmas Part One
It is tradition in my family to have our family Christmas celebration at our house and we usually have it in conjuction with making the wreath to place of Fred's (my stepdad) grave as our Christmas present to him.
The kids worked hard before and after church getting everything ready. We all pitched in to decorate and to cook our feast as well. It was magical because there was no complaining everyone work hard and worked well together.
This year I decided to make a Christmas dinner and to put on a Christmas program too. I believe if the wheel isn't broke don't fix it and I used this belief in putting together our Christmas program. I knew there were lots of programs out there on the internet and found one that would work for our family and printed it out. Presto! Done! My mom has always wanted to have the nativity acted out with the Grandchildren and I figured this year we could make it work. Anthony was Joseph, Madeline was Marry, a teddy bear was baby Jesus (We don't own any dolls), Spencer was a bored wiseman, Grant was an awesome and animated shepherd, Emily was our star or should we say wondering and falling star, Jonathan was the spotlight, and I was the narrator. I loaded up the songs on Grant's I-pod to make it easier to play for our sing-a-long and off we went. I didn't have time to rehearse with the kids which I think made it even more enjoyable. It was nice to be singing and celebrating the Birth of our Savior as a family. After our nativity program we opened presents which everyone enjoyed. After all the excitement over our knew treasures we enjoyed our yummy treats and chatting as a family. It was a great evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment