Thursday, December 13, 2012
Runathon
I am a bit behind on documenting our families happenings. The kids had their fundraiser at the school in October. Instead of the typical catalog sales full of stuff that no one really needs or can afford, they do a run-a-thon. The kids run for thirty minutes and either get flat donations from family or friends or they get so much money per lap they run. The kids enjoy it and I like not having to feel like I need to sell/buy something from a catalog. In the past when Madeline attended school, I would go and be her legs so she could participate in the run-a-thon (they call it Longhorn Stampede). Well with Madeline being homeschool I didn't have to and let me tell you it was GREAT!! It was so nice to be on the other side of the line cheering Spencer along as he tried to navigate running around in the grass. Spencer did pretty good and with some encouraging he was able to keep going for the thirty minutes. Afterwards they take pictures as a class and then they get in position to cheer on the next set of kids which in this case was the third graders.
Anthony wasn't able to participate this year as he was home sick, I don't think he was too upset. Madeline and I had fun cheering for Spencer and I enjoyed not having my legs and whole body remind me that I am terribly out of shape and cannot handle running around a track that is on an empty field with lots of divets and thick grass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment